2) the displacement unit, which allows displacement and positioning of the sample surface under test, comprises :
- two step-by-step crossed stepper motors,
- a power unit to amplify the motor driving signal,
- a Stepping Motor Controller board.
3) the central processing unit, which controls data acquisition and their exploitations, exists under two material and software MSM configurations :
© a PC compatible under Windows system.
User-friendly, allowing 2D and 3D data acquisitions. This configuration has the following functions :
- least squares fitting,
- low and high-pass filtering,
- roughness parameter calculation,
- high resolution printing for 3D maps.
Its program allows :
- quick 3D statistical and frequential analysis,
- access to specific descriptive measures,
- measurement of fractal dimensions,
- richer data bases.